Purpose and Role
As a draughtsperson, you will be responsible for the production of CAD models, engineering drawings and associated engineering information as part of a multi-disciplined engineering team in the delivery of one of Aquila’s major projects or workstreams.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- To produce engineering drawings compliant with BS 8888 and other relevant BS/ISO standards.
- To produce engineering designs ensuring design for manufacture and design for assembly is captured.
- To support Design Engineers during the detail design phase, ensuring proper application of tolerances, limits and fits etc.
- To support the checking of engineering drawings across Aquila projects.
- To capture and convey design intent on manufacturing drawings.
- To provide feedback and training to other engineers with respect to best practice draughting techniques and methods.
- Gain insight and knowledge of the Aquila supply chain to ensure manufacturing capabilities are reflected in the detail designs.
- To support the Engineering Support Supervisor in the application and update of the Aquila Draughting Manual and draughting related procedures.
- The ability to be a hands-on SolidWorks design asset if, and when, required.
- Assist in general clerical and administrative duties to ensure the smooth running of the Engineering Department.
- To attend planning and briefing meetings
- Collaborate with the project team to clarify any technical issues
- Any other job duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post.
- Understanding of GDPR/data protection legislation procedures and requirements in a highly regulated environment.
- To support business change, via effective change management processes in the context of Cyclife Aquila Nuclear fast-paced regulatory environment.
- To be responsible for your own workplace safety. To demonstrate commitment to health and safety; ensure all statutory obligations are met and the safety of staff, clients and visitors are in line with the UK and European standards.