Purpose & Role
The Senior Proposals Engineer / Tender Manager will prepare winning bids and take ownership of the end-to-end bid process including managing an opportunity from qualification through to contract award, including strategy development, solution development, commercial considerations, subcontractor/partner identification and risk management. The Senior Proposals Engineer will also coordinate and produce proposals and content (RFI, ITT, RFP etc.) clearly articulating Aquila’s value proposition, and engage with the wider business, share experiences across functions and better inform commercial working practices.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- To identify new and relevant opportunities to pursue through online portals, word-of-mouth, and other sources.
- Developing and maintaining client relationships at all stages of the tendering process.
- Manage bid lifecycle and process for opportunities and status reporting using internal systems and tools. This includes updating and maintaining opportunities throughout their life cycle using the customer relationship management system i.e., Salesforce.
- Facilitate and host all bid meetings, reviews, and approvals throughout the bid lifecycle both internally and at group level.
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially viable
- Break down customer requirements into actionable bid deliverables and develop proposal structures including allocating tasks to various stakeholders.
- Writing and reviewing proposal
- Coordinate, review and edit proposal input from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving engineering and project teams.
- Approach and liaise with members of the supply chain to obtain quotations / proposals for subcontracted scope in support of bids. This includes assessment and down selection of the supply chain to support the proposal response.
- Develop technical proposals with engineering stakeholders.
- Develop subcontracting strategies with project and engineering stakeholders.
- Produce project cost estimates and delivery programmes reflecting key risks, bid assumptions, dependencies and exclusions underpinning the proposed delivery strategy.
- Ensure forecast reports and plans are completed for opportunities in accordance with company processes and procedures.
- Develop cashflow forecasts for each proposal, ensuring payment milestones are aligned with both internal and external spending.
- Present, manage and obtain approval from group level where required.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with key stakeholders, customers, and
- Carry out ad-hoc duties supporting Commercial Team
- Any other job duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the
You can find more details on the job description attached.